An update and what’s to come
I have not been writing as much lately, but I assure you lots of things have been happening!
– I’ve been out ice fishing twice and had success both times. The second trip didn’t land me any monster-fish but none the less I caught a handful of fish so it was fun!
– Attended an ice fishing seminar put on by the Quinte Ice Fishing Team (the guys that helped me achieve my first successful ice fishing trip (and land a 10 pounder at that!) http://www.quinteicefishing.com
– Joined the Shimano Team and had the chance to attend my first field staff meeting, learn about all the new products and share a room with some of Canadas top anglers! What an honor! http://fish.shimano.com/
– Spent some time at the Spring Fishing & Boat Show with the Strike Zone Team and met lots of new people, and saw some familiar faces. It was a great experience and tons of fun! http://www.strikezonetournamentbaits.com
– I now have a spot on the Canadian Sportfishing website for fishing reports! http://www.canadian-sportfishing.com/Custom/blog/?p=3976
I may not be fishing much lately but I am definitely thinking about fishing and planning and preparing for another season. Here are a few things to come:
– Kiwanis Walleye World 2010 on May 1 & 2! This is the first tournament I ever participated in. I caught an 8 1/2 pound walleye in the 2008 tournament and didn’t place for a prize.. but nothing can replace the feeling and excitement I got from reeling in that fish! I think that was the point of no return for tournament angling! http://kiwaniswalleyeworld.com/
– Our club (the Quinte Bassmasters) is putting on an Open Walleye Tournament May 16th. We are donating some proceeds from this tournament to the Frink Centre Outdoor Education Centre. This is a great cause and for me it means a lot. I love driving up to the Frink Centre and taking great wildlife shots there. It’s such a beautiful place, and we need to keep it that way. Many local schools take students on field trips up there to learn about the wildlife surrounding the Frink Centre. It’s nice for children to get to see it in real life as opposed to just reading about it and looking at photographs.
To read the poster for the event:
The Frink Centre website:
– The Kingston Canadian Open is being held on July 22, 23 and 24th and I will be entering as a co-angler. This will be my biggest tournament yet and I am really looking forward to it!
– I have moved closer to the waters of Lake Ontario. I do not have a boat but I am going to get in lots of shore fishing this year and hopefully find some good spots!
These are just a few things on the agenda, and lots more to come! Thanks for reading and hope to see you on the water soon!
Some of the Strike Zone Team: Myself, Mike Morson and Dave Chong (great guys!)
My 8.5 pound walleye caught in the Kiwanis Walleye World 2008
Some frog photos I took on the Frink Centre boardwalk: