Paddletales Tackle Presents: Bass Talk 2010
I heard about the Bass Talk Seminar Series last year from some local anglers who absolutely recommended it. I missed out last year, so I knew I had to attend this year.
I headed out at 5:40 a.m. on Saturday morning and made the drive up to Winchester, Ontario with a few local anglers. We arrived around 7:30 a.m. and it wasn’t long before the place was full. Bass Talk is an information session put on by professional tournament anglers that give you more advice than you can handle. I started off by listening, but by the end I filled almost 2 pages front and back with point form tips and tricks that these guys live by. It’s really amazing to have this knowledge available! I will list the topics:
- Tournament lessons; the winning attitude, psychology aspect, fishing line, (sinker) weights, rules, ETC
- Preparing for a new lake; map study, where to find useful maps, how to effectively use them, researching lakes, ETC
- Frogging (top water frogs); rod set up, use in different types of structure, casting, retrieving, hook set, patterns, ETC
- Current fishing; how current effects fish and all underwater life, how to read current and the advantages, finding fish, ETC
- Fishing speed; adapting to the fish, shallow/deep/clear water techniques, lure selection and use, ETC
- Rod selection/fish location lake-specific; rod length, rod action, smallmouth and largemouth activity, where/when to find fish, foliage, ETC
They also had some discounts going on with Paddletales Tackle (the host of the event) and I picked up these 2 items:
Thanks for reading!!