I am always actively seeking new writing opportunities! I love to share my passion for fishing by educating and inspiring others to get out on the water! Over the years I’ve taken advantage of more and more writing opportunities and hope to continue to do so. Currently my work includes; regularly scheduled columns in newspapers/magazines (in Canada and out of country), freelance articles, blogs, destination/travel/adventure stories as well as fishing photography. I fish year-round so I produce content throughout the seasons no matter what the weather is. From time to time I am also involved with on-air/on-camera hosting, seminars, presentations and more. The links below will take you to some of the recent articles I have written or publications I provide content to. If you’d like to discuss collaborations and/or writing opportunities, please contact me through the form at the bottom of this page.
- Kingston Whig-Standard – This is a newspaper based out of Kingston (Ontario, Canada). I have been writing a bi-weekly fishing column since March 2013 appearing in the Sports section (it is also available online). You can find my past articles here: http://www.thewhig.com/author/ashley-rae
- Ontario Parks Blog – Beginning January 2017, I became a contributor for the Ontario Parks Blog. I’ll be traveling to various provincial parks throughout the year to experience the fishing opportunities within and share my adventures. My first blog, available in French and English, can be found here: http://www.ontarioparks.com/parksblog/hike-in-ice-fishing-at-frontenac/
- Ontario OUT of DOORS Magazine – Known as Canada’s best read outdoor magazine, I am grateful to be a freelance contributor for this publication. It was exciting to be featured in the cover story (and cover shot) in the January-February 2016 edition. You can subscribe to receive this very informative magazine in the mail, or sign up for the digital editions here: https://www.oodmag.com/
- Northern Ontario Travel – I became a regular fishing contributor for this website in summer of 2016 which showcases adventures and experiences throughout Northern Ontario region and beyond. This is a great place to find information and inspiration for your next outdoor adventure. Here’s a link to my author page: http://www.northernontario.travel/author/ashley-rae
- Northeastern Ontario Tourism – I have been fortunate to travel throughout the Northeastern Ontario region and share my experiences on their website. Click here to see some of the lodges I have visited over the past couple years: http://www.northeasternontario.com/author/ashley-rae/
- MidWest Outdoors – this monthly magazine, based out of Illinois, has been in publication since 1967. I was invited to contribute articles for their 2017 ‘Canada Fever’ section. Check this publication here: http://midwestoutdoors.com/
- Ontario’s Highlands – In summer 2017, I had the opportunity to explore the Ontario’s Highlands region, documenting my adventures here on my blog, on my social media pages, YouTube channel and the Ontario’s Highlands website. Learn more about this region at: www.ComeWander.ca
There have been many more websites and magazines which I have been grateful to have my work featured in over the years. The publications and websites above are those who I am currently working with. I look forward to growing this list and sharing my passion for fishing and the outdoors to new audiences! With over 60,000 followers on social media and over half a million visits to my blog, I’m thankful to have a strong support system behind me as I tackle any new ventures. If you’re interested in working with me or have any questions, please use the form below to get the conversation started.